• Page :

SUJET :

Gijon - Juin 2004 22 Fév 2004 02:23 #12914

Bonjour. Excusez moi pour ecrivant en Anglais.

I am planning a trip departing Thursday 10th June from Southampton en route for Gijon or possibly La Corunna if the weather is favourable.

I would envisage a crew of 2 or perhaps 3 on my boat, and it is possible that we may come with another Rib.

I have a 7m Ribtec with a Yamaha F225 and carry 280 litres of petrol in underfloor tanks and have 4 x 25 litre plastic cans. I will be changing my propeller up to a 23 inch prior to departure, which will give me a cruising range of 250 miles per day, weather and body permitting.

It will be possible to refuel from a local garage with these portable cans, but of course it would be preferable to refuel at a marina.

I would be planning to stop overnight at somewhere like Audierne or Camaret on the first night across the channel and then if the weather is favourable, maybe 2 more ports on the way down to Spain.

On the way back, again weather permitting, I may try to get away with just one port of call on the way back up towards Brest.

I would welcome the benefit of your local knowledge in advising the most suitable ports, based upon :-

1/ Security of the boat
2/ Availability of fuel (Petrol)
3/ Availability of nearby overnight accomodation
4/ Availability of accurate weather information (Internet access ?)

Any advice or help that you can offer will be gratefully received.

Regards

Brian

Connexion ou Créer un compte pour participer à la conversation.

Re: Gijon - Juin 2004 22 Fév 2004 10:28 #12915

• marsu
  • Portrait de marsu
  • Visiteur
  • Visiteur
hi brian
Firstly congratulations for your expecting trip, that's really a beautiful idea ! We're also owner of a RIBTEC 6.55 with a yamaha 200 HPDI. We're planning to cross the channel this summer with 2 'French' RIBTEC ; (at least) from north_finistere to the Scilly islands and from Cherbourg to the Isle of whight for thr RIBEX 2004. We live in Concarneau, in front of 'Glenan Archipelago', between Brest and Lorient. You can leave R.I.B(s) at the harbour for a night, We can catch you there and take you to a local garage with your plastic cans. We 're also able to offer you a night camping in our garden, or if tou prefer there's an hotel just next to our house. About the availability of petrol, be very carefully : you talked about Audierne, you have to know that the harbour is called 'Saint Evette', 'that's Audierne 'entrance' by the sea), but we're not sure that unleaded petrol is available there !
For more informations, you're welcome!
Good luck...
Florence and Philippe

Re: Gijon - Juin 2004 22 Fév 2004 10:41 #12916

Hi, I can offer to you same things near Bordeaux or Arcachon.
In Arcachon's harbour you can found a petrol dock with a 24/24 credit card service.

I recommand you to get the 'bloc Marine' atlantic version, it's written in french and english.

Regards.

Olivier

Re: Gijon - Juin 2004 22 Fév 2004 16:08 #12917

Hi Florence & Philippe.

Thanks for your reply and your kind offer of assistance with fetching fuel from the garage. I still have some work to do on my passage planning, but Concarneau may well prove an attractive possibility.

I did a trip to the Scilly Isles a couple of years ago in my old boat a Ribtec 585 and it is an area of outstanding beauty. Accomodation is sometimes very difficult in the Summer and if you know your dates now, I think it would be a good idea to book soon.

You will find petrol to be VERY expensive in St Marys. Two years ago I paid Euro 1.50 per litre and had to get a taxi to do 3 trips to the garage. What an expensive hour that was, refuelling the boat there. I think they do have fuel on the quay, but for some reason it was not available on the Saturday afternoon that I needed it.

Brian Elliott, who posts as 'Brian' on 'ribworld.com' leads a cruise there each year, and he will be very happy to give you any additional information you may require about the Scilly Isles.

There are a bunch of people getting together for Ribex on 4-6 June and Kevin who posts as 'Aging Youth' on ribworld.com has made some block bookings for marina berths at Cowes and hotel accomodation. I don't know what the current availability is and you would be best to check with him direct if you want to be included. His work email address is

Because of my extended trip, I am not planning to be involved in what they are organising, but I would be very happy to meet up with you at Cowes on the Saturday and take you up to Yarmouth in my rib for lunch.

Hi Olivier,

Thanks also for your very kind offer. Arcachon was the port that I had in mind before the leg across to Gijon, so I would be extremely grateful for any local knowledge.

We read with interest your report about the 'flying fish' last year and my son immediately wanted to get one !

Does Ribex feature in your plans for this summer ?

Many thanks everyone & Best Regards

Brian

• Page :
Sauvegarder
Choix utilisateur pour les Cookies
Nous utilisons des cookies afin de vous proposer les meilleurs services possibles. Si vous déclinez l'utilisation de ces cookies, le site web pourrait ne pas fonctionner correctement.
Tout accepter
Tout décliner
En savoir plus
Général
Cookie nécessaires au fonctionnement du site
Identification
cookie d'identification
Accepter
Décliner